Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
Are YOU interested in finding out more about the Practice?
Would YOU like to influence the development of local health services?
If so we want to hear from you.
What Is The Role Of The Patient Participation Group?
At its simplest, patient participation refers to patients who wish to take a more active interest in developing local healthcare services.
The idea is for patients and staff to work together to share ideas to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and help improve the services offered at the Practice. It gives patients a say in how services are planned, developed and evaluated, by developing a good working relationship with the practice staff and GPs.
The PPG will seek to improve communications through the practice website along with the use of notice boards and direct communications within the Practice e.g. articles in the patient newsletters.
The PPGs will only work well if patients communicate with us. We already have ideas but we need your input.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. If you do not wish to be included, please inform the practice.
More About What A PPG Can Try To Do
- Assist in communicating to patients how recent changes to NHS will affect services provided
- Let the practice staff know more about the level and standard of service they provide from a patient perspective help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Help patients understand more about their medical condition/problems including talks on individual topics, e.g. Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Help provide information on help available and support groups and networks
- Help improve the experience of attending the Surgery
Who Will Be On The PPG?
Initially the group will be set up by the Practice Manager and any patient who wishes to join the group will be welcome.
This is flexible and can be adapted as the group gets more established and needs emerge.
What The PPG Is Not About
We will not deal with personal medical issues or individual patient complaints as there is already a well established procedure to deal with these
How Do Patients Communicate With The PPG?
- If you wish to put your views accross we have a Practice email address email@example.com so you can contact us electronically
- You can write to the practice manager at the practice address
How Will I Get Feedback From The PPG?
- Information will be available in the waiting room at the surgery
- Information will be available on the practice website
- If you provide us with your email address and mobile telephone number we will add you to our contact list and we will contact you by email or SMS message.
If you wish to join The PPG?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org